What is Generate Press?
Generate Press is a free WordPress theme that has two very special features.
- It’s designed to work with page builder plugins such as Beaver Builder
- You can buy an add on that helps you customize the free Generate Press theme
Many other themes work with Beaver Builder to some extent, but few themes integrate with Beaver Builder so well. Generate Press is designed to work with page builder plugins.
Generate Press also has a one click option to make your Beaver Builder page layout span the full browser width, few other themes can do this so well or so easily.
The WordPress page title often looks out of place in a Beaver Builder page layout, but with Generate Press you can remove the page title with one click. Making your Beaver Builder layouts look much more professional.
Used together the free Generate Press theme and the free version of Beaver Builder plugin give you a massive amount of control over the design of your homepage and any inner pages you choose to style.
So far I’ve been talking about the free versions of Generate Press and Beaver Builder plugin.
The premium plugin
So why would you buy the Generate Press premium plugin?
The Generate Press premium plugin is designed specifically to enhance the free Generate Press theme. The premium plugin enables you to style the theme and add extra options and elements to your site.
The elements the plugin enables you to style include…
- Page Sections
- Page Header Sections
- The Blog Listing
- Background (colors and images)
- Spacing Between Elements
- Copyright (Footer Credits)
- You can also Disable Page Elements (to build landing pages etc)
- Make Hook Boxes (like the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin)
Take a look at these short videos that show each add on in action…
The Generate Press premium plugin also enables you to…
- Add hero header sections above your pages, posts and blog page.
- Disable elements such as the header, footer, navbar and sidebars when you’re building landing pages.
- Build simple stripy webpages, each stripe can have a different colour or a large image background. For more complex page layout grids I recommend you use the free Beaver Builder plugin.
- Build grid and masonry blog page layouts.
- Customize the color and typography of your site.
The easiest way to see just how many extra features the Generate Press premium plugin adds to the Generate Press free theme is to watch the short demonstrator videos on this page.
What do other people think of Generate Press?
If you go to the WordPress.org page for Generate Press you’ll be amazed at the rave reviews this free theme gets.
When I wrote this post there were 458 five star reviews of the free theme. There were just 2 one star reviews.
Replying to the first one star review Tom explained in detail how the reviewer could get the results they wanted. In reply to the second one star review, several independent Generate Press users jumped in to explain why they believed the review was unfair.
The WordPress.org reviews make one thing very clear…
Real users absolutely love this theme, it’s developer and the quality of support he provides
This is a real review from a Generate Press user…
“This theme is good. The Premium addon pack is wonderful. The support is AWESOME!”
I could spend all day telling you about the features in the premium addon pack for Generate Press but by far the easiest way for you to see what’s available in the premium version is to visit the plugin site and watch a couple of the one minute videos. I believe you’ll soon be convinced, I was.
I’ll leave you with another real review from WordPress.org…
“My work is simply easier because of this theme”
In my opinion the Generate Press premium plugin is well worth the money.
Check it out now and see what you think.